Darkness Within is a series of adventure games inspired by famous horror writer H.P. Lovecraft. In "The Dark Lineage", the second installment of the Darkness Within series, players again take the role of police detective Howard Loreid, who suffered from the paranormal happenings around him in the first volume â€śIn Pursuit of Loath Nolderâ€ť. Now, Howard discovers that his own horrible past is connected with the madness that is about to swallow him. This second volume will see the Darkness Within saga come to its conclusion.
The Dark Lineage will take you to places where the "things" of the past still live, and all the memories that should be long-forgotten are still remembered; including a drowsy, depressive town called Arkhamend, a Victorian mansion that hides a lot of horrible secrets, a dilapidated building inside notorious, snow-clad woods and dim underground buildings and tunnels. The Dark Lineage is even more frightening and stronger than the previous installment so prepare yourself for the descending darkness, this time it will be ultimate.
Developer: Zoetrope Interactive
Language: Full Italian
- A new and more advanced game engine: With the new and more advanced version of the original game engine of Darkness Within, you can move anywhere you want, light up your way with light sources that cast real-time soft shadows and realistically lift up, push, pull or throw objects with the power of NVIDIAÂ® PhysXâ„˘ engine.
- Built-in Hint System with 3 Difficulty Levels: Players can choose to play in Standard, Detective or Senior Detective modes.
- Dynamic Puzzles and Features: Traditional adventure game puzzles are complimented by deciphering dreams, underlining excerpts in documents to garner critical clues and interacting physically with the environment.
- Enhanced Gameplay Experience: The proprietary fully 3D real-time game engine enables compelling special effects, stunning visuals, and dynamic lighting and shading, in a first person game environment.
- Eerie Gameplay Atmosphere: An immersive experience is created by a fascinating Lovecraftian story, chilling real-time cut scenes, and haunting music.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- OS: WindowsÂ® 2000/XP/Vistaâ„˘
- CPU: 1,8 GHz IntelÂ® PentiumÂ® or equivalent AMDÂ®/
- RAM: 512 MB RAM (1 GB Recommended for WindowsÂ® Vistaâ„˘)
- Video: 256 MB DirectXÂ® 9.0c compatible or better video card (nVidia GeForceâ„˘ 7 / ATIÂ® RadeonÂ® X1600 / comparable) and Pixel/Vertex Shader 3.0 support
- Drive: 4x speed PC-DVD-ROM
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
- Sound: DirectXÂ® 9.0c compatible sound card
- Other: Mouse, Keyboard and Sound Speakers